Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:06:22 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  M2M13140
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: M2M13140  (Read 76645 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: November 04, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »

M2M13140 ? What does it mean? Well this is how the Irish lads who love their 131s are celebrating the Mirafiori?s 40th anniversary in 2014. Malin and Mizen are popular classic car touring destinations in Ireland and represent the most Northerly and most Southerly points of our beautiful island. The quickest route between the two is 674 kms via Dublin but for this trip we will taking two lesiurely days to make the trip taking in some of the sights of the western seaboard, overnighting in Galway. In addition, for those who want to make it a longer event, there are two optional additional days, before and after M2M13140, which offer the opportunity to further explore Ireland?s rugged and unique coastline.

Having been involved with over half a dozen 131 themed events since 2007, I get the feeling that this event could easily beat our best ever turnout for 131s and I?ll be very disappointed if this is not the best and biggest 131 event so far. Support from Irish owners alone so far has been overwhelming and personally I?d love to see as many of our international 131 friends come to Ireland next year as possible. Our target of 40 131s might seem challenging but it's certainly not impossible.

This is Christopher Conlon?s (C.A.C131) idea first proposed over a year and half ago and between the two of us it is well into the planning stages. All of the hotels have been selected and having stayed in all of them, I can vouch for the fact that noone will be disappointed with the level of service or facilities. They are all either 3 or 4 star, two of which offer views of the Atlantic Ocean while the third is the scene of the very first 3MA in 2007 in Killarney. All of the rates are competitive and all include dinner B&B.

Over the next few months, more and more detail will be revealed but for now, the most important matter is to note the dates for your holiday calendar next year. The event will be run from 5th to 8th September 2014 inclusive and follows the 3MA model closely except insofar that we have three instead of one hotel.  
For all of those overseas owners, I can guarantee you'll not see more of the best parts of Ireland in a similar time any other way. And what better way to do it than in your favourite car with like minded enthusiasts.  Smiley

I did a recce trip to Donegal (start point) in May this year and here are some teaser photos...These are all from day 1 of the event and take the driver on a tour of Inishowen peninsula. We will drive the Inishowen 100 which is a 100 mile (160kms) scenic journey around the headland and you will see everything from the photos below and much more.

This is the view from the Ballyliffen Lodge - Our stay for the first two nights.

http://www.ballyliffinlodge.com/

And this is the same view at dawn the next day....

This is the beach which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel....

The next three pictures are from the Five Finger Strand. Donegal is a vast and sparsely populated on the outskirts of Europe. What many people say after a visit is that they felt as if they were the only people left in the world - You literally have it all to yourself...

Climbing above the beach to this headland reveals spectacular views of the coastline. On the day I visited this lonely looking musician was playing his violin to noone but himself and the seagulls.

Now on our way to Malin Head every corner reveals another unspoilt vista...

And to Malin itself...

Look carefully for the messages spelt out in stones...

At the start of our journey south....

The view towards Scotland...

Lunch stop....

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:19:45 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
c.a.c131

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »

Just look at the breathtaking scenery Smiley & just think how more breathtaking it would be with lots of 131's in front of this scenery Grin

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
Phil

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

Looks like you guy's have a planned a great trip Cool

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
daverwd

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:17:14 PM »

Really hope I have my car built & finished for this run ...
If possible I will be there...
kevin

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:02:47 PM »

sounds and looks like a great run
and well organised
count me in
kevin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »

All expressions of support and attendance are very welcome....!  Grin

Here is a map of the peninsula and the Inishowen 100 which is Day 1 of M2M13140.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:18:32 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »

All expressions of support and attendance are very welcome....!  Grin

This promises to be an excellent event and the dates are right as they are at least a week before the Gamma Consortium AGM and Rally  Grin so I'm expressing my support and my (most probable) attendance  Wink Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »

Dates are OK with me as well (at the moment) so I'm expressing my support and probable attendance too!! Grin Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Phil

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »

The holiday request is in, Tansy & I will be there Grin This will be our first trip to Ireland & we are really looking forward to it Cool

Let us know about booking hotels / rates etc.... Huh

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
c.a.c131

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 07:55:07 PM »

It's will be great to see you all & your 131's at the run next year Smiley

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
sid131

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

Looking like this will be a good un Wink Grin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »

Great to see a surge of interest - It's motivated me to finalise the last hotel.

Details up here soon.....

For UK and European visitors the best ports of entry are Dun Laoghaire (or Dublin) from Holyhead ...or Rosslare from Fishguard. Both crossings are under 4 hours. The ships have restaurants, cabins, bars, free Wifi, etc so it's like a mini cruise.  Smiley

Anyone needing help planning routes, etc, just PM me as I've done them many times in reverse. Stenaline have ongoing promotions so it's worth registering with them now to see what pops up in the coming months.

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/loyalty-schemes/

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:46:28 PM »

Day 2

This is when the first half of the Malin to Mizen run takes place. The run is approx 350 kms in a southerly direction taking most of the route as shown, Closer to the event we can look at a suitable mid-day scenic diversion or stop.

Any lads who know the area better than I do are most welcome to make suggestions even if you're not attending.

Our destination is the outskirts of Ireland's fourth largest city namely Galway. This city is situated overlooking Galway Bay and the North Clare coastline and our hotel for the night takes full advantage of the views and location. This is a four star hotel which we've used twice already for Fiat events and they really do "service". Designated parking for our group, outdoor hut tubs, pool, choice of bars and restaurants...4 star luxury and all for ?71.00 Dinner B&B per person sharing.  Smiley

This is probably when we will have our main night and for people intending to attend for less than the entire event, this is the one not to miss. This is also where we will take our tally of how many 131s participate to see how close to the magic 40 we can get.... Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Heini131

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »

This promises to be an excellent event and the dates are right (at the moment) so I'm expressing my (most probable) attendance  Grin Wink

Fiat 131 S 1.6 green, Fiat 131 Walter Röhrl orange,Fiat 131 mirafioriSport orange
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »

This promises to be an excellent event and the dates are right (at the moment) so I'm expressing my (most probable) attendance  Grin Wink

Great news - I sincerely hope you won't be alone in making this trip Heini!

Hotel details will be posted tomnorrow night and each attendee needs to make their own bookings direct with the hotels.

There will be a little bit of extra work for everyone attending (compared with 3MA) as there are three different hotels catering for the 5 nights of the event. However, I will provide all contact details for each including e-mail and phone numbers and a name with whom any difficulties can be raised. I'll also be available to help anyone who has any problems... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.